Saturday, April 23, 2011

New Front Door... Sort Of

So we're still trying to figure out exactly what we're going to do with the front porch, but one thing that we could decide on was that the front door needed some TLC.  When we moved in it was green, we painted it black, then we got weird for a few days and painted it red (hated it), and then we painted it black again.  Phew. Needless to say, stripping it required a lot of patience...

Here it is now... we really like it and it was super cheap. We used an "ebony" color to stain it. It was pretty dark, almost looked black, so we decided to sand it and put polyurethane on it and it helped lighten it up a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment