Saturday, March 26, 2011

One of my all time favorite mini-projects

I love feature walls and my favorite way to make one is using wall stencils!  I think they can be such an inexpensive ways to "jazz" up a dull wall or space. I also think they're a great alternative to throwing some frames up on the wall. We decided to do one in our living room, opposite the fireplace since that is the wall where the TV is.  I loved the trellis pattern, but when we decided to do the project, it was about midnight and no stores were open for me to look for the stencil.  So what do we decide to do? Make our own!  It was super cheap and though it did take us (my sweet husband) over an hour to make the stencil, it was totally worth it!

Wall before... blah.

What the stencil looks like

Final product!
We used the same blue paint color, but mixed it with a white high gloss for a little dimension.  I love how it turned out!  If you find a wallpaper that you love, see if you can find or make a stencil that mimics the pattern. You'll save lots of $ and you won't have to mess with the pains of putting up wallpaper.

4 comments:

  1. Love how subtle yet elegant it is! I am happy to be your newest follower. I can tell you are going to have some fun makeovers in the future. Can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok- so it won't let me be a follower. Something's weird with google right now. I'll try later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Annie lane, sorry it won't let you follow me. I hope you can figure it out soon... I'd love to have you! :)

    ReplyDelete